Same Day GP Telephone Service
- In line with current NHS recommendations for General Practice during this coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we will be moving as much as possible to telephone consultations to help protect patients and staff.
- From Monday 23rd March Karis Medical Centre will be operating a “telephone triage service” for all GP and Nurse appointments.
- To help triage patients, our receptionists will ask screening questions and request details about the reason for your call.
- Only if needed and safe will you be asked to attend the surgery after a GP telephone triage call.
- If there are staff shortages or excess phonecalls patients maybe asked to phoneback the next day.
- Phlebotomy appointments are still available following a GP/Nurse telephone triage call but only if you have no coronavirus symptoms.
- Increased telephone appointment will be also used for Long Term Conditions (such as diabetes, COPD and asthma)
- Please bear with us during this difficult period.
Latest guidance from nhs.uk/coronavirus
Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature - you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough - this means you've started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
- You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
- Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.
How long to stay at home
- if you have symptoms, stay at home for 7 days
- if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms
- If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days.
- If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.
- Read the NHS advice about staying home
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
- Only call 111 if you cannot get help online
How to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus (social distancing)
Everyone should do what they can to stop coronavirus spreading.
It is particularly important for people who:
- are 70 or over
- have a long-term condition
- are pregnant
- have a weakened immune system