Telephone Triage Service
- In line with current NHS recommendations for General Practice during this coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we will be moving as much as possible to telephone consultations to help protect patients and staff.
- Please bear with us during this difficult period.
- For all GP appointemnts we are operating a “telephone triage service” and to help triage patients, our receptionists will ask screening questions and request details about the reason for your call. Alternatively book online and state the reason for your call.
- Only if needed and safe will you be asked to attend the surgery after a GP telephone triage call. All patients attending the surgery must wear a face mask or covering.
- If there are staff shortages or excess phonecalls patients maybe asked to phoneback the working next day.
Nurse / HCA appointments
- Nurse face-to-face appointments are available for wounds, sutures, smears and immunisations. Please book via reception. All patients attending the surgery must wear a face mask or covering.
- Nurse telephone appointment are being used for long-term conditions (such as diabetes, COPD and asthma)
- Phlebotomy appointments are still available following a GP/Nurse telephone triage call but only if you have no coronavirus symptoms. All patients attending the surgery must wear a face mask or covering.